Open Positions @ SIT
PLEASE NOTE: THIS JOB POSTING IS NO LONGER VALID
Join our technical support team of industry professionals in supporting state of the art hardware and software technology for the financial industry. We develop a quality software solution for the financial industry to support retail delivery, term deposits, mortgages/loans, investments and accounting systems.
Reporting to the Manager of Server Technologies, you will be responsible for Systems Administration.
Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science related field, or equivalent experience; CISSP or CCNA definite asset! 1+ year(s) experience working in a proven IT department or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years supporting a medium to large production server environment
- A solid background in Systems Administration – Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP, SCO
- A solid background working with enterprise level hardware vendors
- Working knowledge of Windows file sharing protocols like Samba and NFS
- Working knowledge of PC/Server hardware an asset
- Working Knowledge of Monitoring solutions (SNMP / Wireshark / PerfMon)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory services, Exchange and DNS
- Working knowledge of CentOS and RedHat
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols
- Fluent in scripting languages (Perl/PowerShell/Python)
- Experience planning for and performing backups, restores and disk imaging
- Experience with virtualization (VirtualBox, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of database fundamentals
- Technical problem solving skills
- Basic project management fundamentals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to document technical solutions
- Maintain and administer in house Development servers / Production
- Testing and Implementation of new technologies
- Performing systems health monitoring, system updates and performance tuning as required
- Provide technical support to internal and external clients
- Maintain and support desktop PC’s and Windows workstations as well as network printers
- Provide 24/7 support when required
- Assist in the smooth and efficient day-to-day functioning of end-user computing, and Systems/Network Operations.
- Network Operations: Diagnose & monitor network/VPN issues, gigabit routers and switches
- Monitor and manage daily systems backup processes
- Post-secondary degree / diploma or reasonable work experience
- IT certification is an asset
- Knowledge of ITIL is an asset
SIT offers competitive compensation, coupled with an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work with a dynamic leader in the financial services industry.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all individuals who apply, please no phone calls. Only those who are called for interviews will be contacted. We keep all resumes on file for one year.