Open Positions @ SIT
Join our technical support team of industry professionals in supporting state of the art hardware and software technology for the financial industry. We develop a quality software solution for the financial industry to support retail delivery, term deposits, mortgages/loans, investments and accounting systems.
Reporting to the Manager of Server Technologies, you will be responsible for Systems Administration.
Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science related field, or equivalent experience; CISSP or CCNA definite asset! 1+ year(s) experience working in a proven IT department or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years supporting a medium to large production server environment
- A solid background in Systems Administration – Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP, SCO
- A solid background working with enterprise level hardware vendors
- Working knowledge of Windows file sharing protocols like Samba and NFS
- Working knowledge of PC/Server hardware an asset
- Working Knowledge of Monitoring solutions (SNMP / Wireshark / PerfMon)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory services, Exchange and DNS
- Working knowledge of CentOS and RedHat
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols
- Fluent in scripting languages (Perl/PowerShell/Python)
- Experience planning for and performing backups, restores and disk imaging
- Experience with virtualization (VirtualBox, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of database fundamentals
- Technical problem solving skills
- Basic project management fundamentals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to document technical solutions
- Maintain and administer in house Development servers / Production
- Testing and Implementation of new technologies
- Performing systems health monitoring, system updates and performance tuning as required
- Provide technical support to internal and external clients
- Maintain and support desktop PC’s and Windows workstations as well as network printers
- Provide 24/7 support when required
- Assist in the smooth and efficient day-to-day functioning of end-user computing, and Systems/Network Operations.
- Network Operations: Diagnose & monitor network/VPN issues, gigabit routers and switches
- Monitor and manage daily systems backup processes
- Post-secondary degree / diploma or reasonable work experience
- IT certification is an asset
- Knowledge of ITIL is an asset
SIT offers competitive compensation, coupled with an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work
with a dynamic leader in the financial services industry.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please forward your resume to:
We thank all individuals who apply, please no phone calls. Only those who
are called for interviews will be contacted. We keep all resumes on file for one year.